Monday, August 11, 2014

A Upward Bound | Chronicles II


A date later.

Yes, I said a date later. Shortly after that number exchanged he was asking to take me to dinner and of course I accepted the offer. Dinner was good, it was fun to be out "dating" again and it was so traditional. From him picking me up from the house to opening doors, the entire nine. The kid definitely wanted to make a lasting impression. I can't remember the last time somebody opened the car door for me and I can't lie I wanted to ask when was the last time that he opened the car door for a chick but anyway to say the least it was all super cute and innocent. 

Dinner went my way. I picked one of my favorite steakhouses for us and the plus was that the kid could keep a conversation going! anybody who knows me knows I like to run my mouth but I do NOT enjoy listening to myself talk. However it was awkward that he just wanted to sit there and stare at me all night while his little pasta dish got cold. Long story short we sat there talking for hours about alot of things. It was refreshing, I'd definitely do it again. I think the fact that he was younger than me did a lot for my anxiety, I wasn't really nervous at all. Very cool, calm and collected. All in all I had a wonderful time there's nothing like good food and conversation. I just don't think anything more will ever come of it, just a dinner or two. At the end of the day, the kid doesn't live here and somewhere in the back of my head I imagine that he is hoping his gentleman ways will get him some turn up time with me later but Nah, that's not exactly the way I envision this going. 

He's cute but it's not worth it, he's not worth it. Like I said, just a bit to eat. Chicks go wrong lovin' on every cutie who offers her a chance. I believe he envisioned himself walking away from dinner with probably a intimate hug and pushing for just a quick peck on the lips but again, very high school. I just hugged him softly when he dropped me off at home leaving him with some sorta walk of shame, IF in fact that was his intention and his sad face emoji he sent me when I opened the door let me know I was correct at least to some extent. 


*UPDATE*

So the goal was to have this finished and out 2 weeks ago but the way my life is set up...time didn't permit that. Sadly, he's no longer here. He went back to Louisiana a few days ago and it's safe to say no kiss ever happened either LOL. Not even a second date. I became so overwhelmed with other ventures that I wasn't even interested in a second date. Nothing awkward happened though, he didn't stop talking or flirting with me. If anything he became more comfortable which kinda bothered me. Why? I'm not sure but I didn't want him to grow comfortable. I don't like anybody to get too comfy because to me that creates room for possible error but anyway I didn't think to deep into it. Again, he's just a school kid. However my cute little friend is to start school in the following weeks and I really do wish him the best. Not sure if I'll ever see the kid again but I think we both made fun lasting impressions on each other to say the least. I don't think I'll ever had someone as adamant as him to try to distract me. I want to wish  him well though with school and all his future endeavors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment