Monday, June 16, 2014

The Gift In Goodbye | An Awkward Girls Open Letter

It's with joy to confess that this post IS NOT inspired by me and my chaos with MEN. 


I don't understand why we as women even have to go through what it is that we do but I'm starting to believe that we not only allow these things to happen, we kinda ask for it. I was having a kumbaya moment or shall I say intervention on my favorite hopeless romantic and one of my greatest friends. I use to be the one giving her LIFE when I talked about my very own love life.Boy.How, the roles have reversed. Now it is SHE who is giving me life with these boyfriends for a week stories.  Sometimes we as women jump so quick and get so excited when a new man has come in our lives and then we have those moments when you've been listening to so much Beyonce and Keyshia Cole because that man broke your heart and now you've got your guard up so high that he can't even get to you. The "Game" well, there is no game. It's pretty simple, if your in a relationship you just do things right and if it's not working for you after that, LEAVE! I don't understand why people hold on to others who aren't even on the path as they are. It interesting to see people show off the fact that they are in a unhappy relationship. What's the point of showing off that you and your significant other barely get along. Then there are these reality shows that are glorifying infidelity? what part of the game is that? people are more obsessed with the thought of a relationship then actually trying to maintain one. When's the last time you actually liked the person you dated. I know that's a strange question because everybody believes that they are in love and like to say the least. However, honestly. When have you looked past everything and thought to yourself, "if they didn't have A,B,C, or D I'd still be there." I can only really say that about one person...maybe two. Truth is though, people don't like each other anymore. Just what they do for one another until it's no longer beneficial. So I'm taking a step back and focusing on liking. I want to make sure that if you told me you were broke and busted or whatever the case maybe that I still liked you for you. I could sit in the house for 24hours straight and be satisfied. That's the type of  relationship that I desire and to those that think it's impossible, I've experienced it before so I know it's possible and if you question what happened people steer away but there's always a chance that it could come back around. One thing I'm done doing is wasting time. Mine and theirs for whatever reason. It's not worth it and at the end of the day all your really doing is adding mileage. I don't want to waste your time if I don't like you because it's too many consequences and some of those consequences can last a lifetime. If  people could realize how much time they waste moving from one to the next or entertaining someone they see no future with then maybe they'd quit complaining about all the drama they allow in their lives. In other words, if it ain't whatcha want, let it GO. 






No comments:

Post a Comment