Friday, September 12, 2014

Completely Out Of Hand | The Rice's



Being that this situation is MONTHS old and all of the ignorance surrounding it is causing a fury as much as I didn't want to bring it up, it's a must that I do. Let's start here...

1. One in every 4 women is involved in domestic abuse 
2. Most abuse cases are never reported 

NOW. I have a question, if Janay Rice thought it was okay to go ahead and marry the man that she CHOSE to be with after she was hit in the face in a elevator in Atlantic City then why are we bashing her for her decision? it's HER decision. Yes, most woman in cases are scared and the fact that he felt comfortable enough to hit her in public leaves the assumption that this may not be the first time that Ray has hit Janay. I didn't post any sad pics or eye opening videos of the two and the dispute mainly because I'm tired of seeing it and as a one woman to another, it's sad to constantly be reminded about it. Now, news reporters and everyone under the sun thinks that they have a voice in her situation simply bullying and abusing her with words. I'm not sure who's worse at this point. Just because I'm taking her side doesn't mean that he's right... no one in the situation said that he was I'm just suggesting that nobody really knows what or why and it's honestly nobody's business. It's sad to see Janay lose everything she wanted in a matter of months because of people trying to shame one's actions whether right or wrong for their own personal satisfaction. PS. Word still isn't clear on how much TMZ was paid or put out for this video. 



I can only imagine what it's like to have reporters come to your door with flowers and hurtful "Why did you stay?" messages I honestly would have the cops sitting outside for harassment. It's sad to see alot of African American athletes get pulled into mess like this. I really hope that this family seeks some help and commits to making things better for each other not only for the sake of the child but because they are high school sweethearts and their love history seems to be enough to fight for.   





No comments:

Post a Comment